NORTH WEST OHIO ANTIQUE RULES
Division II - 3 MPH
CLASSES: 3,750, 4,500, 5,500, 6,000, 6,500
AGE OF DRIVER – Drivers must be 16 years of age or older. Those under 18 years of age must have written parental/guardian permission.
- Violation of any rule shall constitute a disqualification.
- Contest will be governed by judge or judges, and all decisions are final. Judges have the right to stop and disqualify a tractor if it is not operating in what would be considered a safe manner.
- Tractors will be checked for the following:
- RPM – 10% over stock
- Drawbar height
- Weight of tractor
- The top three finishers in each class can be checked out after competing for the following, if requested:
- RPM - 10% over stock
- Drawbar height
- Weight of tractor
- Judges may check any money winner
- Any competitor entered in the class can protest another entry in the class by posting $50 cash which will be forfeited to the protested entrant if found to be legal or returned to protestor if entrant is illegal. Protest must be made before the official completion of the class.
- NO unauthorized personnel (spotters, mechanics, etc.) will be allowed on track when a tractor is competing.
DRAW BARS - Draw bars must not exceed 18 inches in height or less than 18 inches from center of axle to hooking point. No part of draw bar may extend rearward beyond point of hook. Draw bars must be stationary in all directions. No clevis.
WEIGHTS – Weights must not extend rearward beyond rear tires and cannot be more than 11 feet from center of the rear axle to the furthest point forward. No more than 12 inches from side of rear tire.
TIRES – No radial tires, steel wheels, or duals. Two-wheel drive only. Top cut only. No cutting of leading edge of the tire bar or casing allowed. Manufactured data must be intact. Tire size for 3750 & 4500 class will be a 15.5 X 38 Max. Tire Size for 5500 & 6500 class will be 16.9 X 34 Max. Any rim width allowed. No aluminum rims allowed.
FUEL – Gas, diesel or LP fuels only. No alcohol or nitrous oxide fuels may be used in tractors. Gas is allowed with a maximum specific gravity of 750. All tractors are subject to random fuel checks. Tractors manufactured to use diesel fuel only cannot be converted to gas or LP.
RPMs – RPMs allowed will be determined by the Nebraska test chart. Any tractor not listed will use manufacturer’s data. A 10% margin of error will be permitted. All tractors to have positive throttle stops. RPMs will be checked randomly after hook.
SPEED LIMIT – Any gear, speed limit will be 3.0 mph. No shifting of TAs. ½ Track Disqualification Rule: If speeding horn sounds AFTER mid-track (half track) point is reached, puller is disqualified.
CARBURETORS – Replacement carburetors allowed but with no modification of carburetor or manifold. Overhang of carburetor to manifold is not allowed. Only stock appearing manifolds are allowed. Tractors must be naturally aspirated. No turbos or blowers-except Oliver 99GM, etc. Enhanced electrical systems permitted in all classes. NO rev limiters.
ENGINE, FRAMES, TRANSMISSION, REAR END, AXLE – Tractors must have the stock engine or engine must be from original manufacture and bolt in without modification using existing bell housing and motor mounts. Frames, transmission, rear end and axle housing must be stock or manufacturer’s replacement. Dual exhaust not allowed except after stock manifold.
OTHER RESTRICTIONS – Oliver 88, Farmall M, Massey 44, MM-U, JD G, Case-C/D, JD-A 1940 and up and like size tractors are not allowed in classes below 4500#. Massey 33, Oliver 77, JD-A 1939 and down and like size tractors are not allowed in classes below 4000#.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT – Wheelie bars and Kill switches (all electric fuel pumps must be wired to kill switch). Safety equipment may be checked randomly. All decisions made by rule and tech committee are final.
RULES ADOPTED ON 2-10-2016